Infrastructure Manager v1.4.6
The Infrastructure Manager (IM) is a tool that deploys complex and customized virtual infrastructures on IaaS Cloud deployments (such as AWS, OpenStack, etc.).
- It eases the access and the usability of IaaS clouds by automating the VMI (Virtual Machine Image) selection, deployment, configuration, software installation, monitoring and update of the virtual infrastructure.
- It supports APIs from a large number of virtual platforms, making user applications cloud-agnostic.
- In addition it integrates a contextualization system to enable the installation and configuration of all the user required applications providing the user with a fully functional infrastructure.
This version evolved in the INDIGO-Datacloud project by adding support to TOSCA documents as input for the infrastructure creation.
- Release Notes
Hihglihts of this release:
- Support for TOSCA 1.0 YAML specification with the custom node types described in https://[github.com/indigo-dc/tosca-types/blob/master/custom_types.yaml](github.com/indigo-dc/tosca-types/blob/master/custom_types.yaml)
- Support for the Identity and Access Management Service (IAM).
- Support for deployment as a Docker container (available in https://hub.docker.com/r/indigodatacloud/im/)
- Support for the Token Translation Service (TTS) on OpenNebula Clouds.
- Improvements to access OpenStack Clouds that support IAM
- Distributed as a Docker container
- Also distributed as DEB/RPMs packages supporting Ubuntu 14.04 / CentOS 7
List of RfCs
Development followed via GitHub: https://github.com/indigo-dc/im
- High-level tasks coordinated via WP5 OpenProject tasks (internal link)
Project WP5, tasks with subject including [TOSCA Templates] or [Orchestrator/IM]
List og bugfixes addressed as a list of commits to the master branch: https://github.com/indigo-dc/im/commits/master
$ docker run -d -p 8899:8899 -p 8800:8800 --name im indigodatacloud/im:indigo_1
Other installation procedures are described in: https://www.gitbook.com/book/indigo-dc/im/details
An Ansible playbokk is also available in GitHub for an easier instalaltion and configuration
List of Artifacts
- GitHub issues: https://github.com/indigo-dc/im/issues