Data Center Solutions
The INDIGO - DataCloud project is providing many new features/services for resource centers:
- Improved scheduling for allocation of resources by the popular open source Cloud platforms. OpenStack and OpenNebula. This provides both better scheduling algorithms and support for spot-instances.
- Support for improved IaaS resource orchestration capabilities using standards orchestration engines through the use of the TOSCA standard, for both OpenStack and OpenNebula.
- Improved QoS capabilities of storage resources for better support of high-level storage requirements, such as flexible allocation of disk or tape storage space and support for data life cycle.
Improved and transparent support for Docker containers. This includes for example the introduction of native container support in OpenNebula.
- Infrastructure Manager (IM)
- Infrastructure Manager Java API (IM-Java-API)
- OpenStack Client
- OpenStack Identity Authentication Library
- OpenStack OCCI Interface (OOI)
- OpenStack NOVA Client
- OpenStack Preemptible Instances Extension (OPIE)
- OpenStack support for INDIGO AAI
- Partition Director (dynpart)