TOSCA-in-HEAT v. 0.5.1
Heat-Translator is an Openstack project, with contributions through the INDIGO - DataCloud project, licensed under Apache 2.
- It is a command line tool which takes non-Heat templates as an input and produces a Heat Orchestration Template (HOT) which can be deployed by Heat. Currently the development and testing is done with an aim to translate OASIS Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) templates to HOT. However, the tool is designed to be easily extended to use with any format other than TOSCA.
- Release Notes
Highlights of the INDIGO-1 Release:
- Retrieve the network name through the neutron API
- Fix images matching algo (exact match favored compared to partial match)
- Handle interfaces directly defined on a TOSCA Compute node
- Fully implements the semantic of get_* functions :
- handle optional capability/requirement parameter
- handle optional nested property / index
- Implements get_operation_output function
- Handle artifacts defining a Ansible Galaxy role
- Tested with centos7+rdo and ubuntu14.04+ppa:mitaka-testing.
List of RfCs
- Details on how to use the Heat Translator can be found at doc/source/usage.rst
- Documentation: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat-translator/
- Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/heat-translator
- Blueprints: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat-translator
List of Artifacts
- Please use the INDIGO - DataCloud CatchAll GGUS Support Unit
- IRC Channel: #openstack-heat-translator